Kisah kilang seperti ini yang tidak berdaftar dengan DOSH salah siapa?
IPOH: The state government is puzzled how a calcium carbide factory in Simpang Pulai was allowed to operate without any safety checks conducted since it opened two years ago.An Indian national was seriously injured during an explosion at the factory on Thursday night.
Perak Health, Environment and Human Resources Committee chairman A. Sivanesan said the factory was not registered with the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH).
“DOSH and the respective authorities are at fault for allowing the company to operate without any safety checks conducted since it opened in June 2006,” said Sivanesan, who visited the factory yesterday.
He said the explosion could have been due to a leak in one of the cylinders in the storage area or a faulty wiring system of the switchboard there.
“The finding is still preliminary and inconclusive at this point,” he added.
He also raised the question of whether B. Ganeson, a 22-year-old Indian national who was hurt in the explosion had been given sufficient training.
The factory’s assistant general manager Ting Chien Cher, who was at the site, ruled out faulty wiring system as the cause of the explosion.He said if Ganeson’s family members wanted to fly over from India, they would pay for their travelling expenses and accommodation.
“Ganeson will also receive about RM20,000 from the Foreign Workers Compensation Scheme under which he was covered,” he added.